Friday, January 20, 2017

Fly on the Wall-January 2017

Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 9 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.




2016 ended in a good way for us, which takes the sting out of the bad. 

I graduated from college again. Maybe with two associate's degrees I can find my dream job. 

_________________________________________________________

Bob and I celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary with a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean aboard the Carnival Magic! This trip was wonderful! We went with another family (who have cruised before, so we weren't completely clueless) and plan to go again in 2020; that's how much we enjoyed ourselves!

This particular cruise left Port Canaveral and went to Amber Cove, Dominican Republic; St. Thomas, USVI; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos. 

The scenery was breathtaking!


Rough seas the first few days, but made for nice pictures (even if I was feeling very green).
  
From the aft (back) of the ship.

From the top of Paradise Point in St. Thomas, USVI. It was a scary gondola ride, but it was totally worth the view!
We all fell in love with Grand Turk in the Turks and Caicos. Unfortunately, we didn't stay off the ship for very long because I had a terrible headache that day and wanted nothing more than to curl up in bed for a while. 


 The kids did NOT want to get out of the water in Grand Turk. We are keeping our eye on future cruises, hoping to book one that goes back to Grand Turk so that we can enjoy it more fully.

____________________________________________________

Bob and I finished part of our latest project:


That wall was plain, and we had a lot of wood left over (still do, despite all we put on the wall), so Bob decided to cover a wall in the den (you can tell by the mess that this is the kids' hang out) with wood before we build the wall-to-wall shelving he has planned for it. I'm happy with it, but I would have preferred a reddish color and I got outvoted. So, guess what? That wall-to-wall shelving unit is going a reddish color! Take that Bob and kiddos!


Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:






8 comments:

  1. I love that you saw 2016 end on a happy note. There's nothing that helps with an attitude adjustment more than a vacation! Congratulations on your anniversary and on graduation again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If I could afford it, we would end every year that way.

      Delete
  2. that's right, you compromised and you are going with the color you want, LOL.

    Happy Anniversary! Looks like an awesome cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous! Looks like you had an absolute fabulous time. So beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - the cruise looks amazing! How fun! I like the wall too - very cool accent wall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost want another one somewhere else in the house, but I'm afraid it would be overkill.

      Delete